Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Life with three...

Well, Nana left for Erie on Sunday and now we are alone!! She was a huge help!! Right now the house is a wreck, there are dirty dishes in the sink, the laundary is piling up, and no one is holding Summer!! Can you believe it? She's actually doing pretty well and can be laid down to sleep by herself for awhile. That helps a lot. I guess I should be cleaning, doing dishes, and laundary instead of blogging, but...
Yesterday we went to the park in the morning and then came home for lunch and a nap. We were all snuggled in my bed when Summer spit up four times in a row all over me, herself, and the bed. I had to change all three! I put Aaron in his bed and got Summer settled in mine. Then I went back to Aaron. Then Summer cried, I settled her again, and went back to Aaron. Then she cried again. Needless to say, I was back and forth a few times before either one was asleep, but eventually we all slept for a little over an hour!!
Then we picked Rachel up at the bus stop. I then had my first experience with three kids at the grocery store. I had to try and push the behemoth cart (that seats three) with one hand since Summer was fussing and I was holding her.
Speaking of Summer, she had her one month doctor's visit today - no shots! I guess they've combined some more shots so kids have less. That's nice. She weighs about 9 pounds now. I think that's more than either of my other two at one month... Nursing is going real well. Currently she sleeps with us at night, but we are going to start moving her into her crib real soon. Ideally I'd like to paint her room first, so we'll see.
We went to church this morning before Summer's doctor's appt. Today was the first day of Women's Bible Studies, so I wanted to make sure everything got off to a good start. My friend Melissa was there and she helped me get everything together. Everyone liked seeing the baby for the first time. After Summer's appt. we met Ken at Arby's for lunch.
Rachel likes school, but not homework. She came home with a September calendar last night that had a different assignment on it for every night. Last night's homework was to write her name 5 times. It took her awhile. The first list she rushed through and forgot the "h" in all her names. The second list was messy. Third times a charm I guess. Tomorrow night is PTA meeting and Open House. My friend Gayle (who also has a kindergartener) and I are going to go together. I'm looking forward to learning more about how Rachel spends her day.
Aaron is doing okay. He misses Rachel, but I'm trying to keep him busy. Last night he slammed his thumb in the back door. It's really ugly. He will probably lose the fingernail. He cried a lot off and on last night and even this morning. It must be throbbing. Poor guy. When my mom was here he burnt his face on hot spaghetti sauce. I think he was trying to blow on it to cool it and got too close... That boo boo has almost healed. At least he hasn't broken any bones yet (knock on wood).
Well, going to try and get the house in order before Summer wakes up again and wants to eat.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looking forward to an updated picture of my niece. Do you have any? -- Aunt Katie