Saturday, April 01, 2006

Major Overhaul!

Well, Ken and I got the results of our "free" blood screenings from Rubbermaid. The outlook is grim, especially for me - VERY high cholesterol. So, I have cut back in every way imaginable - low fat or non fat everything, no more fries, no more ice cream, no more baked goods! I will try this for at least 3 months and then I'll be retested. If it hasn't gone down, it will be deemed heredity and I will have to take a pill. However, if I am honest with myself, I know I haven't been eating right. So, it will probably work. Hopefully a lot. Then I can maybe be more lenient after that. But for now.... I think I've purchased everything with a heart on it in the grocery store!! Please pray for me. This is a MAJOR life change that is totally necessary. We're all going to try harder around here, but it's mandatory for me.
Well, right now I'm going to get some exercise by walking up to the park with the kids. We spent a lot of time outdoors today - mulching, watering, mowing, etc. I love Spring!! I love North Carolina!!

No comments: