Well, we've had a great July so far. We started the month out with a visit from my sister and her family. They stayed in a cabin at a nearby KOA campgound. Katie and Eric now have custody of Betty, who is 15 and they are also fostering a 4 year old. It was great getting to meet him. We swam in the pool, ate out, went hiking, walked around the mall, and just hung out. It was fun. We also swapped kids so each of us could have a date with our spouse - a movie for them, and lunch at the Olive Garden for us.
They left on Monday and we got ready for Julie's arrival on Tuesday morning. It was really great to see her. Fourth of July we swam and then had a cookout. We decided to venture out to the local festival, but we should have stayed home. It was crowded! It was nice to people watch, but that's about it. The kids were each allowed to choose one activity. Rachel chose a game and was happy with her prize, but Aaron did NOT like the jumping house. He was fine until other kids came in. That night our neighbors across the street put on a fireworks display and we all drank sparkling grape. Later that week while I was at work, Ken and the kids tried to take Julie and her dog to our local dog park, but they wouldn't allow her and Sammi in. I think you need to register and get a pass and stuff. Julie and I also had a girls' night out shopping - fairly unsuccessfully, but very fun. She and Sammi had to leave on Saturday night and it was sad... I want her to move up here where I can keep an eye on her!
Today I got a sitter for Summer and took the other two to a FREE movie. They do that every Tuesay and Wednesday (for kids) during the summer. It was Clifford's Big Movie. It was okay. Might try another one later in the summer.
Had my repeat cholesterol blood test today. I get the results on Thursday. I hope all this dieting made a difference! If not, I still lost 10 pounds!!
Another thing that's new here is our bathroom. We redecorated! For those of you who have been here before, we took down the large and obnoxious mirror and put in two decorative ones I got for a steal at Walmart. We got oil rubbed bronze fixtures on ebay for just about half of retail price, and lamps to match. And, we finally got some color in that room - brick red!! I really love it.
Well, we hope to get to the pool later. I don't have to work tonight, so it would be a good afternoon for that - no rushing home to squeeze in a quick dinner!
Better go, Summer's gotten into her diaper bag and about to eat the tube of Desitin! Love ya all, Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment