So, today we celebrated Summer's 2nd birthday. I actually didn't see her until I snuck into her classroom at church this morning. I hate it when parents come in to see their kids and get them all worked up and then leave them in the room crying. Alas, that's what I did today... although Summer really didn't cry. I couldn't help it. She looked too cute in her little dress and her button from nana that said, "I"m 2 Years old today!".
Then I didn't see her again until I got home for lunch. The fam had already eaten and Summer was up in her room playing. I changed her birthday stinky and put her down for a nap. Then I made a million mini cupcakes and wrapped her gifts. When she woke up she saw the table all decorated and all the cupcakes. It was finally sinking in that this was a celebration.
When the guests came, we gathered at the table to sing "Happy Birthday". Summer didn't want to blow out her candles, but she enjoyed her cupcakes and ice cream cup.
I bought her a little nap roll, a big bucket of bubbles, some doll house furniture, and a T-shirt that says, "Little Sister". Rachel got her chalk and Aaron got her a bag of Hershey's Kissables.
The guests weren't suppose to bring anything, but they did. She got a Mr. Potatoe Head, playdough, a Tea Set, a Care Bears book, a baby doll in a backpack, and an adorable outfit!! Her nana and grandma mailed down some great gifts as well.
All in all it was a lovely little celebration. Hopefully I can post some pics soon. Now were all tired and we'll probalby sleep well. Until next year....
No comments:
Post a Comment