Nothing too exciting to report, but I hadn't "blogged" in awhile...
This weekend started off with a lovely wedding on Friday night. Two of our young friends from church tied the knot in Charlotte and are off to a honeymoon in Gatlinburg!! Hey! Nice choice!
Saturday morning we just hung out until church. I had to put up a huge jungle scene for the kiddos. They loved it and all went well. Saturday night we went out to dinner with friends (my co-worker Jody, her husband, and their two boys) at Jason's Deli. It was a nice time of getting to know each other better.
Sunday after church we went for a little hike at Latta Nature Preserve. The kids were troopers as usual. Twice we saw a deer run by us! Bonus! When we returned home we had a message waiting for us from our neighbors up the street, Cameron and Kristi. They have a 12 year old daughter and a 6 year old little boy. They invited us up for dessert. It was such a beautiful evening and nice to get to know them better as well.
This morning I ran to get some groceries and we made a picnic lunch. After a quick stop to pick up a new mattress for Rachel, we headed to Crowder's Mt. State Park. We ate as soon as we got there and then took a hike around the lake. We also visited the Visitor's Center. Then we took another little hike and headed back to our car. We were all hungry, and it was only 3 o'clock. So, we headed back towards home and stopped at an Applebees on the way. YUM!! We stuffed ourselves! While we were out that way, we went into the Walmart for a birthday gift and then headed home. It was a long day.
Rachel wants to play outside a little before a bath and to bed. School tomorrow! Aaron's first day is tomorrow as well! HOORAY!! I'm going to head off to the gym with Summer as soon as I drop him off! DOUBEL HOORAY!!
So, that's all that's happening here. Just thought I'd give you a litte update. Hope you aren't too bored....
2 comments:
Never bored! It sounds like you were quite busy. I hope the little guy's first day went okay.
Love You All!
Hey Shelly,
Jonathan started preschool on Labor Day (they don't celebrate this day in September here in Mexico). Hope Aaron enjoyed the day. On my little one's first day he played "power rangers" - go figure!
Keep blogging!
Kelly
Post a Comment