I guess it's been awhile since I've posted anything on this blog. I've been so pre-occupied with keeping the adoption website up to date!! Speaking of which, we are now third in line for a referral, so the call could come any day now. Last week they gave out 3 referrals in one day!! I'm trying to be patient, but it gets harder every day...
Things are going well here. It's been gloomy for a few days, but at least Spring comes quickly here and it shouldn't linger for too much longer. I have heard about much colder and snowier weather up north and I'm glad we're down here!
Ken's still working at Rubbermaid, although they laid off a bunch of people two weeks ago. We were holding our breath. I guess we still are in a way. You just can't be sure of anythign right now. Even my job could disappear!
We are trying to convince Rachel to audition for her school's talent show. She wanted to sing "Do, Re, Mi" from the sound of music, but we told her we thought that was more of a group song rather than a solo. She is going to do "Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music instead. She has been fighting us for days now about the whole thing. She's mad because we are "forcing" her to do this and she complains about not being able to memorize all the words. I told her she needs to trust that we know what we are talking about when we tell her she CAN do this! She sang at church on Christmas Eve and did a fabulous job. She is definitle talented and should use her God-given gifts whenever possible. Today she went to school with the words in her pocket and hopefully she will get more confident as we practice at home.
Aaron complains about turning the TV off to come and do homework, but once he starts he gets excited about his reading accomplishments! He can't read a lot, but does know all of his sight words. He loves to draw pictures of race cars and has a TON of hot wheels cars that he lines up on the living room floor.
Soccer season begins soon and I'm looking forward to seeing how well he can do. By the end of last season he was finally beginning to look like a real soccer player! Ken will be his coach again.
Summer is the most trouble of them all right now. She is extremely independent and stubborn. She has been pitching the most horrendous fits (as some of my family was able to witness over Christmas break). There's really no settling that child down once she gets started. I had to paddle her little bum a few weeks ago and that worked pretty well.
When she is not having a tantrum, Summer is so stinkin' adorable. She cocks her head to one side and smiles with that incredilbe double dimple on her one cheek. She is very cuddly and loving and likes to "read" books to anyone who will listen. She is doing well in school and starting to have playdates. Her and the girl up the street play dress up together quite nicely about once a week. The only thing I have to do is zip and unzip the dresses a hundred times!!
Summer is still "engaged" to her Blakey Blake - a 3 year old boy who's older brother used to play on Aaron's soccer team. We have a weekly date with him - usually coffee at Starbucks or lunch someplace. They also play extremely well together and are very loving with one another. Blake is quite protective of Summer (as if she couldn't take care of herself...).
Today I'm watching Blake for his mom, Kim. Unfortunately, Summer has preschool today, but we will go get her at one and they can play together then. I must try and get some work done for church. At the beginning of each month we need to set up the "stage area" for the new theme, so there's double the load.
Thanks for being patient with me as I neglect to keep in touch as often as I should!! We'll let you know if we have any news on the adoption front. Just click on the "Waiting to Welcome" link on the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment