Saturday, April 11, 2009
Our new baby boy!!
Well, we finally got the call! I had just arrived at work at 6:30 pm (Eastern time) when the phone rang. I noticed on the caller ID that it was from Oregon, but didn't expect it to be "the call". I knew that the program director was in Ethiopia but wasn't expected to return for another week! Well, one of her assistants told me she had our referral. She told me he was a 7 month old baby who was abandoned in front of a hospital. After I hung up the phone with her I screamed so loud that someone came over to check to make sure I was okay! I immediately checked to see if Jennifer had emailed me the file, but it had not come yet. I checked all night while I was working, but no file. Turns out it was sent to my SPAM box! Oh well, guess that was a good thing after all since I was forced to wait until I got home to open the file with my husband. When we opened the file we looked into our son's gorgeous deep brown eyes for the first time. He is a bright eyed little guy with beautiful chocolate colored skin and peach fuzz hair! I'm pretty sure I can't post his Ethiopian name online, but we found out his name means "Future Hope"! I was so excited to hear that his name had something to do with hope since that is a concept I often cling to - especially during this process. It also reminded me of a very popular Bible verse, Jeremiah 29:11. Just the day before I had made a list of possible names for our family to vote on and one of the top names was Jeremiah! So, his name will be Jeremiah T. Hull. (His Ethiopian name will become his middle name). So, needless to say, we are very excited to have reached the next major step in this exciting process! We'll keep you posted...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How exciting! Thanks be to God!! Do you know which language is spoken in his birth area-- Oromo or Amharic? When are you going to post his photo?
Post a Comment