Tuesday, March 02, 2010

March 2, 2010

This was a crazy morning! I knew I had to get Rachel and Jeremiah to the doctor (for checkups) at 9 am. So, I had it arranged to drop the other two off at a friend's house and she would get Aaron on the bus and take Summer to preschool. But when Summer woke up, the spot on her face looked worse and there was another one getting started! So, I called the doctor to see if I could fit her in at some point today. They told me 2:15. No problem, I just had to get a sitter for Jeremiah so he could stay home and nap! Texted my friend about that, called Summer's school to tell them I would be taking her to the doctor that afternoon, called Rachel's school to tell them she would be late...during all those phone calls I was making breakfast, packing lunches, changing diapers/pullups, and trying to make coffee for myself! I spilled a whole bottle of pills all over the kitchen! Then the doctor called back and told me THEY COULD see Summer this morning when I brought in the other two. I called the preschool back to tell them Summer wasn't going to be coming in this morning - maybe not at all. Summer has snack this week and I was going to send it with our neighbor, but she is sick and wasn't going to go to school today! The preschool said that was okay...

At the doctor's, things went fairly well at first. I had to fill out forms while Rachel kept an eye on Jeremiah. He kept trying to grab another little boy's snacks and toys. He didn't want the snacks that I brought (of course not!). They called Summer back at first and I told the nurse the other two were here for checkups. She said, "I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me!". We got everything squared away and they gave us the bigger exam room. Rachel went with the nurse to get her vitals and do the eye chart thing. The nurse said she was "delightful". HUH!?!?!?! (I was proud...)

Summer has impetigo....ewwww!! So she will be on an antibiotic. Hopefully the antibiotic will cure her finger as well since we think it has gotten infected!

Jeremiah was a pistol (surprised?). He's strong and squirmy and wanted to touch everything. Our doctor is very patient and very sweet and we got him checked out. He has a new diaper cream to try since the one I was using has a steroid in it and she said I shouldn't be using that everyday. So, there was another prescription there. She was going to write a third for something else when I told her I thought I already had a huge ($20) tube of that at home. Sure enough... she checked her charts and she prescribed that for us last month so one less prescription there!

After all that I asked if Jeremiah could be dressed or if he needed shots. He needed shots. Rachel was also going to get a routine blood draw. Jeremiah was mad when I only put his shirt on and not his pants and shoes. He screamed and pointed to the door for about 20 mintues while we waited for the nurse to come give him his shots. He was pissed by then, so fortunately the shots really didn't phase him!! The doctor felt bad that she wasn't able to discuss as much as she wanted to about Jeremiah's diaper rash and also his developmental milestones, so he will be coming back on Friday!! JOY!!

We were glad to get out of there with our lollipops!!

In other news, Ken and I are really enjoying the "Experiencing God" Bible Study we are taking through our church. If you haven't done it, I encourage you to. It's life-changing!! It's by Henry Blackaby.

There are other miscellaneous things going on here and there. I have my second choir practice tonight (if they don't cancel it due to snow... ugh!). We have a celebration dinner for a friend tomorrow night. The kids are having a "special areas" night at school on Thursday night. They get to shcw their parents what they do in art, music, library, computers, gym, etc. Then it's small group again on Friday!

No major plans for the weekend yet. Might bring dinner over to our friend's house. Their 2 year old daughter just returned home from Haiti and they are expecting a baby girl any day now!

Jeremiah's waking up from his nap so I guess my break is over! Thanks for listening to me ramble about my day!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Whew! I need a nap after just reading about your day :) Way to go mama! The Lord will supply me the grace for the switch from three to four kids, right? Ha ha! We've gone through impetigo before with one of our kiddos also. I'll have to look into the study book you are doing...I always appreciate others' recommendations. Sending some love from the Merrihews!