Thursday, May 21, 2009

We're going to Ethiopia!!

We got some more incredible news this afternoon!! We will begin our trek towards our son on June 10th by flying out of the US and heading to Amsterdam. We will arrive there on the 11th where we will meet the rest of the families in our travel group. We should be able to hold our son on June 12th. That's just 3 weeks away!!!

How amazing is that?!?! We were just praying that he would make it home before his first birthday in August, and now we will be getting him 2 months early!!

Now we have SO much to do!! Ken finished his last round of shots today, and I have an appointment for the rest of mine next week. We have a packing list that's a million miles long. We need someone to watch our kids. I am suppose to help lead VBS at our church but we'll be gone the whole time so I need someone to cover for me there! Yikes!! I can't believe it!!

I will call our travel agent tomorrow to book our domestic flights and return flights. I also need to go to Target and buy a bunch of baby products - medicines, diapers, clothes, sippie cups, a new carseat. I hope I don't forget anything...

Thank you for your prayers as we begin the last leg of our journey to JT!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am rejoicing with you with tears in my eyes! How completely incredible - more then we could ask or imagine :-) God is good!

Life with la familia said...

Yay Shelly! I'm so excited for you guys and will gladly keep praying for all of you as you move in to this next great stage of life!

Gretchen said...

Woo-hoo! How awesome for you! We will keep you in our prayers for the next couple of weeks. Have an amazing trip!