Thursday, August 13, 2009

A new tune...

Remember that song, "I love you more today than yesterday"? Well, that has been my song the last few days. I DID love Jeremiah more Wednesday than I did on Tuesday! He was MUCH less "shouty" (is that a word?) and I was much less moody.

I actually prayed that I would just take things one step at a time and let God lead me. Surprise, surprise... that's exactly what He did! This morning has been great as well. I'm more focused now and trying to delegate jobs to Rachel that I know she can do. She doesn't have to do much around here to earn her allowance, so we need to give her more responsibility. Aaron, too.

So, thanks to all of you who have been praying for me during this difficult transition from 3 to 4 and from having a part time job to being in full time home management!

I'm looking forward to the move. I think it will give me a chance to sort through the clutter and start fresh. The new house has more space, so hopefully that will help and not hinder. It will be a time for some new rules for the kids as well. I can't wait to have a scrapbooking area that will be off limits to the kids. I can't wait to have a table for them to do their coloring on that won't need cleaned up before every meal. I'm tired of the kids complaining because they have mac and cheese or syrup on their artwork!

Jeremiah is asleep so I think I'm going to try and attack the kitchen floor - I mean get down and dirty and scrub, scrub, scrub! I find that if I try to set a goal of "cleaning the house" it gets too overwhelming and never gets done. Instead I'm going to decide what one thing needs to be done each day and try to tackle that. Hopefully this will carry me through until the kids are in school and I have less disruptions.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Go Shelly, Go Shelly :) I am so glad to hear that things are going better. Transitions are tough. you are strong. Hang in there. Miss you whole bunches.

Life with la familia said...

Go get 'em girl! I have been a 'one or two chores per day' kind of girl until just recently and it worked well for me! I'm making an attempt to clean everything big on one day so I can have more time with Ethan during Madeleine's naptimes (when i used to work on the house) before he runs off to all day Kindergarten next year. Happy Cleaning!
xoxo
Becky