Monday, August 08, 2005
Rachel and Aaron meet Summer
Rachel and Aaron came to the hospital to meet their new baby sister on the afternoon of the day she was born. They both walked in the room and immediately asked, "Where's Summer?". I thought it was great that they were asking for her by name. Rachel sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to her and they both got a chance to hold her.
The next day when they came to see her, she wasn't there. I told Aaron that a nurse was watching Summer so that mommy could get some rest. He said "Okay." When a nurse came in to check on me, he gave her a dirty look and said, "Bring back my baby!". How funny. Now that we're home, he really doesn't want anything to do with her, but Rachel can't get enough. She creeps into my bedroom every so often to see what we're up to (usually sleeping) and then asks to hold her. She wants to put Summer in the swing already!
This morning Aaron filled his dump truck with blocks and drove it into my room. He then proceeded to put them on my bed. He was building a wall on the edge so Summer wouldn't fall off!!
Ken has been great with the kids. He's keeping them entertained so I can rest. He's also bringing meals to me in bed. Right now he is going to get Summer so I can feed her once again. So, I guess we'll talk to y'all later!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment