Summer and I went to the airport to pick up Nana on Sunday morning. Ken and the other kids were at church. We ate at the Wendy's near the airport and Nana was able to enjoy Summer in peace for a little bit.
Once we arrived at the house there were gifts for everyone from Nana! The kids got pens that look like logs and stickerbooks/coloring books. Aaron got some bath crystals and Rachel got a Barbie toy from McDonalds. Grandma Jan even sent gifts with Nana! More books for the kids and onesies for Summer. Grandma Jan will be down to visit in October.
Most of the week we have just been taking it easy around the house. Nana has been getting up with the kids in the morning so I can sleep in. Considering how Summer and I have been up a lot at night, I've been really grateful. I sorted through all of the boxes of clothes we've kept in the attic for the past few years and made piles all over the livingroom - keep, donate, consign, etc... It feels good to have that chore behind me!
Well, in a few hours we will all travel back to the airport to pick up Papa. He will be here for 6 days. We will no doubt pick up lunch at the Wendy's near the airport as is our custom. The kids love watching the airplanes fly low over our heads. No special plans while Papa is here - just going to enjoy each others company!
No comments:
Post a Comment