Well, the Christmas Season is indeed upon us! I just enjoyed my sister's blog and was inspired to update mine a bit.
We've been busy... First it was the Christmas cards. Then we put our tree up on the 2nd. Lately, I've spent just about every weekday morning working at church and then running Christmas related errands before picking Aaron up at school each day at 1 pm. I'm pretty much through with the shopping and have already sent out most of the gifts that need to travel. I spent a lot of time this past week shopping and wrapping a bunch of gifts for a family that my church group sponsored.
Went to a little Christmas Festival on Decenmber 1st at Sam and Will's church (our neighbors from across the street). We roasted marshmallows, enjoyed music, rode a train, and took a Bethlemhem walk. It was nice for the kids to see a live nativity, but their favorite part was the treat bags they got on the way out. Go figure...
Had a FUNtastic time at Brooklyn South Pizza last Sunday after church. The Kids' Community staff and our family's celebrated together with pizza and fun games. There are 5 of us on staff and between us we have 13 kids!! However, our boss's kids are 21, 17, and 14...The kids played pin the tail on Rudolph and a pass the package game and they made a Rudolph gift bag. The adults played a white elephant game. The gifts we brought were a bottle of stool softener and a "What to Expect When you are Expecting" book. Both got good laughs.
Last Sunday night we drove around and looked at Christmas lights. Our town has a Christmas light contest. I think the judging was actually this weekend so when they list the winners in the paper, we'll have to go out again.
Rachel had the stomach flu on Thursday night and stayed home from school on Friday. She had to miss making cookies at her Brownie meeting, but I let her go to a friend's birthday party laer that afternoon. Ken took her because it was a "boy" party. They went to the Nascar Speedpark to ride go-karts and play video games. Then they went to dinner.
Last night I went alone to my neighbors (Beth and Don) Christmas party at the clubhouse. It's just food and mingling and it was relaxing. Ken stayed home with the kids. We had a sitter, but cancelled her because we didn't want her to have to come over to the house after having an illness here.
Today Carole came over with the boys after church to do a Christmas craft. We made Nativity scenes out of little terra cotta pots. They're cute. The weather is so nice that we did them out on our deck!
Tuesday night is Aaron's first Christmas program. I'll have to remember to have Ken bring the video camera. Aaron's already given us a few previews. It's really cute. I remember Rachel's first preschool Christmas program. They sang jingle bells, and at the end Santa came to visit. We caught Rachel's frightened expression on camera and she was holding out her hands and saying, "mama!". Too funny!!
We'll probably bake on Saturday. My plans are fudge and Hershey kiss cookies. I also bought a gingerbread house kit. I'm going to wrap it and let the kids open it for an early Christmas present. Rachel was suppose to make one at school on Friday, but that was the day she missed due to illness.
Well, Ken's going to grill chicken for dinner - outside! Can you believe it?!?!
Happy Holidays from beautiful North Carolina!!
No comments:
Post a Comment